Monday, February 11, 2019

Mardi Gras Challenge

Happy Monday!   

It's time for a new challenge at Miss Kate Cuttables.  

The challenge theme is Mardi Gras.

When I think of Mardi Gras, I think of flashy golds, purples, and greens.  For the challenge I created a card to celebrate.  


For my focal panel, I used the diamond pattern from Miss Kate's Spring Borders Set cut out of purple and green card stock.  I adhered that to a white panel.  The panel was a bit plain, so I embossed it with holographic embossing powder.  


I cut some feathers from Miss Kate's Feather Set from gold card stock.  They were adhered with glue dots.  And accented with some twine.  


The panel was then adhered to a gold panel, same as the feathers card stock.  

The sentiment was created using an Ellen Hutson Alphabet stamp set and heat embossed on vellum.  


For the inside, I added a gold leaf.  The card base is a white linen paper.  

Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Cupid Tree Top

Happy Thursday!!

It's my day to post over at Miss Kate Cuttable's blog.  

My DT project is a tree top for our Valentine's Tree.  We were away from home over the holidays with no room for a real tree or any big decorations..so I told hubby that I was going to have a Valentine's tree.  

I put the tree up but didn't have a topper.  With all the weather that we have had here in the midwest, I haven't gotten to any stores to see if there is anything of use.  So I decided to make something.  Hubby wanted a cupid so off to Miss Kate's files I went.   And I found Miss Kate's Cupid cut file.   It was perfect. 


I cut the file from WPlus9 Cupids Bow Card Stock (which is not available any more).  It was a perfect match for the tree decorations.  

Then I clear heat embossed the whole cut.  You can see the shine in the photo below.  To attach it the tree, I hot glued a red pipe cleaner to the back. 

 

I know that this project seems a bit simple..but it took a lot of trial and errors to get this one.  For example, I attempted to create a glittered version, but it was a total fail! 

Thanks for stopping by.  


Thursday, January 31, 2019

Inky Paws Challenge #90

Happy Thursday!

I have been itching to get back into the craft room since creating my design project for Miss Kate Cuttables.  And one of my favorite company's stamps to work with is Newton's Nook.  So I had to join in the newest challenge they have.  


I created a sweet card using Newton Dream of Paris stamp set.   I stamped the image on X-Press it card stock and colored with Copics.  


I fussy cut the image out and added some accents, such as Stickles dry glitter to the hearts, white gel pen, and Spectrum Noir glitter pen. 



I cut a piece of PTI Stampers White card stock with a Simon Says Stamp stitched rectangle die, then stamped it with the hearts from the Newton stamp set with Versamark ink to create a tone on tone background for the image to sit on.  



I cut a piece of patterned paper with a larger Simon Says Stamp stitched rectangle die and attached it to a PTI Berry Sorbet card base.  I heat embossed the sentiment from the same stamp set and popped the image up on foam tape for a bit of interest.  A few Pretty Pink Posh clear sequins and some hearts cut with a Simon Says Stamp die and glitter card stock finish off the front.   


For the inside of the card, I used the large stitched rectangle die to cut another white panel.  I stamped the image (second generation) in PTI Berry Sorbet ink to match the card base.  And a small glitter heart to coordinate with the card front.  

Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Home Decor for Valentine's Day

Happy Tuesday!!

It's been a while since I've posted.  My life was turned upside down July 2018 when my husband was diagnosed with Stage 4 cancer.  So, I took time off to take care of him and our family.  After almost 18 months of living with the diagnosis, the last scans he had showed no active cancer!  Yay!!  So with him feeling better and our family settling back down, I can get back to my love of crafting.  

My first project to share is a home decor project.  






For the base of the hanging, I used an old dresser drawer front I had.  I painted it with several layers of white acrylic paint.  

I created the design in Silhouette Studio using Miss Kate's Valentine Subway Art cut file and Miss Betsy Font.  The design was cut with Oracal 651.  When transferring the vinyl to the board, the transfer tape pulled up portions of the paint.  It was a wonderful accident.  It gave the piece a different distressed look.  





After I finished, I sent my daughter a picture to show it off...and she LOVED it so much, it's now hanging on her wall, and I'm off to make another one for myself.  :)